Thursday, February 7, 2008

Cinco dias mas....

So tomorrow, Friday, will be the official 5 day marker until my departure...and I'm not quite sure how I feel about that. For the past few months I had been looking forward to this so so much, just wishing that I could just drop everything and go. But now, with less than a week left, I'm definately starting to realize everything that I'm leaving behind. For some reason I had assumed that just leaving State College for five months would be easy. I guess not. I'm trying to not think too much about everything that I'm leaving behind, everything I'm going to miss. I guess right now I'm just trying to focus on the good parts the excitement and anticipation, and looking forward to what a great exchange it's going to be. I haven't even considered what it's going to be like during the bads times though...when I'm not fully assimilated into the culture, when I feel like nobody likes me and I feel confused and out of place. And there's still so much to do before I go away. I need to pack my whole life into a bag for the next 5 months, I need to get my host family some gifts, I have the party on Saturday, I have a math test tomorrow ( I already know I'm failing that one), and then last but not least, there's saying goodbye to everyone. I'll probably be sobbing all the way to Miami.

No comments: