Tuesday, February 19, 2008

¡Hola a todos!

My first post from Argentina! It will be short because I am at a cyber cafe in San Martin de los Andes with my family. I arrived in Miami around 9 last Wednesday. The next morning we did orientation activities until 4, and then left for the airport. The flight to BA wasn´t the best; none of us could sleep so we were really jet-lagged. We waited at the airport for other exchange students, there were kids from France, Sweden, Japan, a lot from Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, and many other countries. Then we went to a camp an hour outside the city. Orientation wasn´t the best experience I´ve ever had; all of the information they gave us we already knew-was common sense, and pretty boring. The volunteers never spoke to us in castellano because all of the kids from Asia didn´t speak spanish. Anyway, it was hard to say goodbye to some of the xchange students, but now I´m with my host family and theyre really really really nice. There´s lots of other stuff, but right now I think were going to the lago. More later, hopefullly with fotos!

Oh, and I got a cell phone! My family already had it, we got ¨un chip¨ for it. For any other exchangers reading this, my number is 0056 2995275106! Hasta tarde,
<3 Bethany

1 comment:

db. said...

te voy a llamar cuando consigo un celular... te extraño linda!! tqm!!